Wednesday, April 29, 2015

This I Believe

This I believe

I believe that I would be nothing without The Lowerys. Victor and Lesley are the reason I am the person I am today. My mother and my stepdad have been a huge factor in my development as a young lady. They have always been my backbone in every decision that I have made. Just like any other family we’ve had our struggles but not without coming through with a new lesson learned.
 Lesley is the person that brought me into this world. The woman who gave me my looks. She is my rock. I know that without her I wouldn’t me be half the person that I am today. She is the most objective person I know. When I call her for anything she will be quick to let me know if I’m the reason I’m in the wrong, and that’s what I love about her. She isn’t the type to just tell me that I’m ok and right all the time. I’m very glad for that because that’s not how an individual grows. Being told about your flaws and mess ups are ways to address and have the chance to fix the problem. This is how you develop in to a well-rounded person. I know that I’m not perfect and I don’t expect everything to be handed to me.              
Victor is the man that came in when no one else was there. He’s the man that taught me that no one will love me like I love myself. That I need to figure out who I am before I can share that, really share it, with anyone else. He’s the man I can call at three in the morning and know that he will come out and help me, no questions asked.  I honestly don’t think that gods timing was any better when he sent victor into my mother’s life.
I can sit and talk to victor about anything that I have on my mind. He has been through his own share of troubles. He spent ten years in a prison for drug trafficking. He knows that there is an easy way in this world and then there’s the hard way. The way that he decided not to take and had to give up ten years of his life.  The advice that I get from victor is almost never what I want to hear. However its almost always what I need to hear.
My mother has taught me how to be a strong woman just by being herself. My mother is quiet by nature but never afraid to speak her opinion. She is self-assured, she knows what she brings to the table and doesn’t let anyone tell her different. My mother is driven, even trying to raise my brother and I she attended school full time and held a full time job. Even with the help of my step father that is a lot for one person to handle. She has taught me to always focus on my goals and to never rely on anyone else to take care of me.
The stories that my mother has shared with my as I’ve gotten older show me that she hasn’t always been the woman she is before me today. I’m always comparing myself to her, pushing myself to do things that ways she would so I can one day too be the same strong woman that she is.  I know that she didn’t become the woman that she is today overnight. I’m going to have to work hard and always stick with the plans that I have to even be half the woman she is.
I believe that one day I will look in the mirror and not only see myself but the person that I have been molded into. Not only by the experiences that I have endured but the stepping stones that both of my parents have laid in front of me


No comments:

Post a Comment