Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Charles

While I’m sitting in Starbucks struggle bussing my way through my bio midterm in walks this older guy. Not way older but I could tell that he seemed self-assured. He walked over to the counter to let the cashier know that he dropped his drink right in front of the door. He seemed a little shy about being so clumsy. Almost hesitant to let the attendant know it was him who dropped the drink. Even though I was supposed to be studying the cell cycle I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He was tall with glasses, short cut hair that had a blonde streak in it. I noticed he was wearing shorts which I thought was a little premature considering it was snowing a week ago, but was sunny out today. I could tell that he frequented the gym because his arms looked strong, and by strong I mean extremely juiced. When he walked past my table I grabbed his hand and joked about his butterfingers. He seemed unbothered by my joke and pulled up a chair. He introduced himself as Reese. He asked what I was studying for and I told him. He told me he didn’t miss those days, just graduating the previous May from the local university. We really struck up a conversation. He was really focused on getting into grad school and to do that he would need money. How much he had been working gave an excuse to why he looked like a caveman. Full On beard. Very unaware of how much I was staring at his beard. He had his food sent over to my table and we had lunch together. He was a really neat eater which is in vast contrast to what I’m used to from boys.  Slow to leave our conversation, I insisted he must go. I told him I had to get back to studying if I ever wanted to finish college and become a super adult like him. He walked away laughing leaving his number on the receipt of the lunch we just shared.



No comments:

Post a Comment